Giving Tuesday Now is a new global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 – in addition to the regularly scheduled Dec 1, 2020 Giving Tuesday – as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. This day will provide an opportunity for many struggling nonprofits and our team is ready to support any way we can. This blog will help narrow your focus on some important aspects and provide you with resources to use.
Now is the time to start preparing and planning your approach. It is important to start creating a detailed blueprint so when the day comes around, you can efficiently maximize it.
Our 5 tips and resources for Giving Tuesday Now.
1. Create content now. You can start by preparing social media posts, create custom donation forms on CONNECT, film interviews with partners, etc. Use this opportunity to be strategic as possible and focus on what has been successful for your organization in the past. When May 5th comes around, you will be ready and can focus on sharing updates and progress towards your fundraising goal.
2. Utilize video. With fundraising being limited to an online focus, videos will be king. It is more personal and this is exactly what donors are looking for on Giving Day’s. With pledgeTV you can place your donation forms directly on your videos!
3. View our Virtual Success Webinar! We recently created a webinar addressing the challenging fundraising climate and how it can be mitigated with various tools we provide for online fundraising like SMSgiving and Facebook Ads. The recorded webinar can be viewed here.
4. Set goals and share your progress throughout the Giving Tuesday. This is a great way to keep your audience engaged throughout the whole day and inspire them to take action.
5. Lastly, share your story! Storytelling is the most powerful tool nonprofits have. Use your stories to motivate your supporters and to build your relationship with potential donors.